Evaluate your logistics setup,and achieve huge savings.
What is shortsea?
Shortsea shipping is not just a matter of moving boxes from A to B. Unifeeder Shortsea offers optimised and tailor-made door-to-door solutions for almost any type of cargo.
When it comes to key factors such as safety, leadtime, emissions and cost, it is a highly competitive alternative to conventional road transport.
8reasons tochoose the
- Achieve savings on your shipping
- Choose the container size that fits your load and avoid mixing your cargo with others
- Get a robust supply chain with competitive leadtimes
- Low switching costs by changing from traditional trailer loads to 45' palletwide containers as the 45' takes the exact same number of pallets as the trailer
- Increase safety by shipping in sealed steel boxes rather than in tarpaulin covered trailers
- Help reduce traffic on congested European roads
- Reduce the environmental footprint of your supply chain
- Harvest the synergies of working with the largest intra-european container carrier
The most extensive intra european coverage
Geographically, our market stretches from Ireland in the west to Russia in the east, and from south of the Alps to the Norwegian fjords. Since seaborne transport can replace or complement other transport modes, especially trucking, the market potential for our door-to-door offering is substantial.
Shortsea in your organisation
In a CSR context, there are many good reasons to focus on your company's logistics chains. By choosing shortsea, you can make a valuable contribution to less congestion, less emissions and less risk of traffic accidents on the European roads.
Shortsea is a highly competitive tailor-made door-to-door alternative to traditional road transport. Therefore, you can find huge savings by rethinking your logistics. With shortsea you can make just-in-time delivery easy. You can also reduce losses caused by theft and freight damage.
Unifeeder can offer the network, the regularity and the leadtimes necessary to make shortsea a highly competitive alternative to conventional road transport. Our vessels can load as much as 800 45’ containers, which equals 800 truck loads.
Still wondering if shortsea isthe right way for you to ship?
Please feel free to reach out to our shortsea experts.
Tel: 45 8883 0061